Panorama above links to a video of my 2010 hike.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I made it!

To the top of Baxter Peak and Mount Katahdin, that is…
Traditionaly, this truly treacherous climb is the end of the AT for northbound hikers. You have to summit and climb back down in a single day since the weather can be deadly on top and changes quickly. It took me about 13.5 hours to do the loop. Yep, this included some unanticipated night hiking. Tough way to start a southbound hike, but I made it and made the next 10 miles out of Baxter State Park today in beautiful weather. A true blessing!

3 comments:

  1. Ella Grace would like to know if you would walk to our house on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella,
    I would love to see you and your brother on the trail but it doesn't go to indiana or even kentucky. West Virginia is the closest point and even then it barely crosses the border!
    Jason

    ReplyDelete