Panorama above links to a video of my 2010 hike.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Flip!

  I made it to Maine and am blogging from the Appalachian Trail Lodge here in Millinocket. Tomorrow morning at 5am, I'll get up and shuttle out to Baxter State Park to summit Katahdin. The early northbounders have already started to finish and over 400 southbounders are on their way at this point as well. Given my late start (see earlier posts…), I'm flipping. In the AT community, this means I started out in one direction and changed directions along the way to avoid weather issues or for some reason.
In my case, I will probably flip again once I get to the Hudson River in early October and start northbound from Roanoke. It's not conventional but it means I can complete my thruhike at home in New York City. And that will be pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment