Panorama above links to a video of my 2010 hike.

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Zoom in...

In the distance, you can see Farsight and High Gear. Five years ago when we hiked  together, I simply slowed down to match pace with whoever wanted to hike in front and find the blazes. Now, I'm routinely left in the distant dust by my hiking partners. Luckily, they remember to stop and let me catch up before they get completely out of sight. Makes me proud.
Most times on the trail, I enter that state of 'being in the moment' where my focus and thoughts are consumed by my own breath, and the next few steps as I avoid the rocks, roots, and boggy slicks. Sometimes, though, the trail levels, opens wide, and the ground cover is a smooth duff of pine needles and leaves. This was one of those moments when I was able to look up, and let my mind wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment