Panorama above links to a video of my 2010 hike.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Take Two.

Two surgeries, three kidney stones, and five days in the hospital later, I am back on track. The trip is still on with a revised scheduled start of April 21 rather March 21. The hike will extend a bit longer into November and may require some creative directional approaches to completion so I don't get snowed out of Maine and the White Mountains. I will still head north from Georgia, but I may flip up to Maine late this summer and head south from there to complete the trail in NYC. The Metro North Harlem Line actually has a station located right on the Appalachian Trail. Five years ago, this is where I started my first backpacking trip on the AT. It seems a fitting place to finish. While not Katahdin or Springer, Grand Central Station is glorious as well.

Ignore the map above for the moment, I am experimenting with the data capture and posting process so it may not be accurate.

1 comment:

  1. let's talk about doing some work together when you get back.... though you may not even need my help by then! :) Mary

    ReplyDelete